How to raise a safeguarding concern (children and adults)

Anyone who suspects that an adult is in immediate danger or if there is an emergency situation should call 999.

Anyone who is concerned that an adult may be at risk of abuse can speak in confidence to one of the following Safeguarding Adults Teams in Devon:

Torbay: Call 01803 219700 or visit:

Plymouth: Call 01752 668000 or visit:

Wider Devon: Call 0345 155 1007 or visit:

Below shows an example of how you can raise your concern online in Torbay:

Devon Safeguarding Adults

Step 1

Open your web browser and type into the address bar at the top of the page, and click enter.

Step 2

Click the blue ‘Report a concern’ text in the middle of the page.

Step 3

When you get to this page, click on the email link highlighted in blue and it’ll take you to their email to write your concerns.

Step 4

The Safeguarding Team will then be in touch with you to discuss your concerns.

Local Children’s Safeguarding:

If you feel a child is in immediate danger, please call 999. If you are worried about a child, your own safety, or that of a friend in Devon you can contact one of the following teams: 

Torbay: Call 01803 208100 or email: 

Plymouth: Call 01752 306340 or email 

Wider Devon: Call 0345 155 1071 or email